Saturday, December 26, 2009

What can I put flax seed oil in?

If I wanted to get kids to eat it what should I put it in?What can I put flax seed oil in?
I put a teaspoon of it in my orange juice.What can I put flax seed oil in?
Kind of hard to place flax seed oil in some foods. I applied it to some orange juice (1 tbs in a cup of OJ) and tried it out. It turned out ok, you could tell a difference in the taste of the OJ, but nothing disgusting. Note that it is similar to olive oil in texture. It will not mix with most liquids, making it hard to hide.





As someone else said, salad dressing is always nice. Next time I use it, I'm definitely going to place it in some salad dressing.





I recommend buying GROUNDED flax seeds (more nutrients when grounded). These are probably more kid friendly (no taste).





Place it in oatmeal or cereal.
Anything and everything. You can mix it in soups, drizzle in salad dressing, fry with it, put a teaspoon in any hot dish, stir fry with it.. basically anything you would use normal olive or vegetable oil with, just add a bit of flax seed oil.
I put flaxseed oil in my smoothies, and really can't even tell it's in there. You can use it in salad dressings and as a butter substitute for toast. It's not really good for cooking, it breaks down and starts to smoke when it gets above 200 degrees or so.
I was instructed by a doctor not to cook flaxseed oil in any food because the heat destroys the part that's good for you. You can however put ground flax seeds into your food, according to him.
On salads(in a dressing)


In smoothies is a hit at my house.


Nothing that heats it up. NO frying with it, heat destroys it's nutritional value.
Make salad dressing. The important thing about flax seed oil is to keep it raw so the healthy qualities remain intact.
in their cereal. a teaspoon of flax oil in a bowl of milk or soymilk is barely detectable
Put it on pasta after it's been cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment