Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can you mix rosehip seed oil with tea tree oil?

I thought since tea tree oil is good for acne, and rosehip seed oil is good for acne scars, so I thought I could mix these two together, OR CAN I ? They would not contradict each other, would they?Can you mix rosehip seed oil with tea tree oil?
I use organic rosehip oil on my face nightly including the eye area. I also use tea tree oil for minor scapes, burns, bug bites, and an occasional pimple. I personally wouldn't put tea tree oil on my entire face. I use a q-tip and apply the tea tree oil directly to the pimple only to dry it out. Just don't get the tea tree oil near your eyes - this area is too delicate and if it gets in your eyes - Ouch!!!Can you mix rosehip seed oil with tea tree oil?
To the best of my knowledge these two will not interact in an adverse way, but I caution ANYONE to be careful w/ the use of essential oils on the skin. Some people are extremely sensitive, and even tea tree oil if left on the skin can cause some folks to have rashes, skin eruptions, breakouts. I would advise you to apply only a tiny bit near your ear or under your chin to see how your skin reacts. I once kept tea tree oil in a glass bottle with a rubber stopper and it ate through the stopper, so some caution with essential oils--all of them, even lavender and oregano essential oils--is well advised!
Yes, you can blend these together safely. Roship seed oil is not considered an essential oil and can be applied directly to the skin and tea tree is one of the few essential oils that can be applied ';Neat'; which means without diluting. I would use a 60/40 combination.





In Chinese medicine, acne is usually based in Liver Qi Stagnation, and there are some great herbs that will help with internal imbalances.
  • virus protection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment