Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All birds except chickadees have been ignoring my black oil seed for 1 month? Why would this be?

I previously had 2 cardinals coming every morning and night. Not even pigeons are eating the seed.


The regular blue jays aren't coming around asking for peanuts like they used to.


Sparrows and goldfinches are coming around to eat finch food and niger seed.


I bought the black oil seed from a grocery store.All birds except chickadees have been ignoring my black oil seed for 1 month? Why would this be?
i would say it is either contaminated or your feeder is in an area that makes the birds nervous because i have never had any bird turn its nose(beak) up at sunflower seeds)All birds except chickadees have been ignoring my black oil seed for 1 month? Why would this be?
We have had birds all summer, and last winter we feed about 300# of seed, but so far, they seem to have left just in the past month. We have food in the feeders. Even the finches have left. I suspect they have gone a little south for now, but when the weather gets really cold and it is not warm along the Ohio River, I expect they will be back. Just stocked up on sunflower seeds yesterday. It does seem strange though, I don't see even sparrows around right now. We live in S.E. Ohio.
probably the time of year, better food somewhere else, or you can blame it on global warming.





anyone paving over trees and weeds to build wall marts in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment