Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I make Rape Seed Oil from rape seed?

I am harvesting a field of rape seed, and wish to make it into rape seed oil, with a view to turn it into biodiesel. Ideas?How do I make Rape Seed Oil from rape seed?
It is not a simple thing to get the oils so that they are useable, but here is a document that talks about it.





http://www.appliedseparations.com/Applic鈥?/a>How do I make Rape Seed Oil from rape seed?
I've never done this exactly, but I'd guess that you grind the seeds and distill their oil.
What country are you in?


Here in the UK rape is currently out of season and will be sown next month.


Oil os obtained by crushing the seeds and the oil is extracted under high pressure.
I sure as hell hope you mean grape seed...
i would say crush the seeds and filter it to remove the husks
Good job Ray M.
maybe you should have looked that up before you harvest a field of it?
What is a rape seed?
They do this-it is called canola oil. Just look up biodiesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment