Friday, December 18, 2009

Does Flax Seed Oil really help clear up Keratosis?

I heard from my sister that flax seed oil helps clear up keratosis. I wanted to know if anyone else has had any luck with flax seed oil.Does Flax Seed Oil really help clear up Keratosis?
Supposedly it can help. My teen son takes flaxseed oil for his eyes (dry eyes, contact lenses) and for general health. He doesn't take it all the time, it's a bit controversial for males. I've noticed that when he doesn't take it for awhile, it seems his KP flares up. He has mild KP, usually it's stress, illness and cold weather related.





Barleans is a fresh brand of flaxseed oil, you can find it at Whole Foods or http://www.barleans.com I put it in a yogurt drink and Mr. Picky says he can't taste it too much. I get the Lignan Flaxseed Oil.





The dermatologist suggested CeraVe and Cetaphil for my son's skin. They do help make it more smooth. Amlactin (with lactic acid, usually cut 1/2 with CeraVe) if his skin is acting up more than usual. Some people are sensitive to it.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment