Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does flax seed oil make you gain weight?

I am taking it with food because it says it is good for your hair and nails. But when i start to think about it, i feel like its going to make me gain weight because, its like oil and fat....does any one know?


Im trying to loose weight, not gain,,,,Does flax seed oil make you gain weight?
Flax oil is all fat, there's no protein in flax or any other oil.


14 grams (1 Tbsp) of flax seed oil contains 14 grams of fat, period. That is about 124 calories. My guess would be that one of those flax seed oil capsules has about 10-15 calories.





However, flax seed oil contains the omega fatty acids that your body and brain and heart really needs and it helps to burn other stored bodyfat, as long as you are exercising. So flax seed oil does help you get lean as long as you are burning off all the calories from the flax seed oil plus the released bodyfat via exercise.





I use the flax seed oil as part of my salad oil, I add it to my olive oil when I mix oil and vinegar for salads.





Since you need oils anyway its good to use some flax seed oil (especially for women). You can take it as a capsule supplement, just like cod liver oil for instance, or you can do what I do and just add the oil from a bottle into the other oils that you already use in cooking. It is good for you, but its too expensive to use exclusively for salads/cooking. Just don't go overboard with it because, like all other oils, it does have a caloric content.Does flax seed oil make you gain weight?
Well flax seeds and the oil are used by weight lifters as a supplement, because they are quite high in protein.





If you're really worried about it I would stop taking it, but I doubt it would have an effect on your weight by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment